NetSupport ServiceDesk – Browser-based Helpdesk
With over 25 years’ experience and a global install base in excess of 13,000,000 systems, NetSupport’s complementary software solutions have a proven reputation in the Service Management industry.
Available to purchase as either a standalone solution or used in conjunction with NetSupport DNA and NetSupport Manager (our complementary IT asset management and PC remote control solutions), NetSupport ServiceDesk delivers the processes needed to help you effortlessly track, organise, manage and answer the toughest support challenges.
Supporting the essential ITIL processes – Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management – NetSupport ServiceDesk ensures your support team can effectively manage customer expectations and minimise the amount of system downtime.
With a fully customisable and intuitive browser-based interface that supports both desktop and mobile platforms, robust workflow processes, a wealth of management reports and a customer-friendly self-service portal, NetSupport ServiceDesk is guaranteed to take the strain out of service delivery!
Try NetSupport ServiceDesk in your own environment with our free 30-day trial download or try it live now.
NetSupport ServiceDesk Overview
The availability of mission critical systems is key to the success of any modern organisation and to the productivity of the staff that use them. Ensuring this is the case relies on the ability of your IT support team to deliver an effective and timely response to issues as they arise.
As a standalone solution, NetSupport ServiceDesk ticks all the boxes as a fully functioning ITIL-compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) tool, supporting the key areas of ITIL’s best practice framework – Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management. It also has the added benefit of integrating easily with our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Suite, NetSupport DNA, and remote access solution, NetSupport Manager, to give support teams a complete network management toolkit.
Ideally suited for small and medium sized organisations, yet fully scalable for the larger enterprise, NetSupport ServiceDesk has been developed to minimise the amount of system downtime whilst providing effective support for all users of IT assets.
With the server installed on any Windows PC and utilising Microsoft SQL Server technology, NetSupport ServiceDesk can be accessed through a web browser by any user from their desktop or mobile device.
Knowing what hardware and software is installed on your user’s PC will help to reduce call escalation whilst increasing problem resolution. By integrating a third party inventory solution – such as NetSupport DNA – you can use NetSupport ServiceDesk to obtain a full inventory for each of your users’ systems, together with an ongoing history by user for all previous support requests. NetSupport ServiceDesk empowers your help desk operators, giving them the information needed to deal with more requests in less time.
As every organisation is unique, possessing different requirements, NetSupport ServiceDesk allows for the customisation of many key features within the solution. From operator functionality to the creation of specific data entry fields, NetSupport ServiceDesk can be tailored to fit seamlessly into your organisation.
No two organisations are the same, relying on different critical systems to remain competitive and efficient. Powerful and customisable workflow rules help ensure delivery of an efficient and timely service in line with agreed service levels. A typical example would be the automatic priority assignment of incident types – an item relating to “Server Failure” can be automatically assigned “Urgent Priority” status and allocated to the Server specialist within the support team. Automated email processing is another key time-saving feature of the product, helping to keep all parties fully informed throughout the process.
Information is, of course, key if you are to gauge the effectiveness of how support requests are being managed and maintained. NetSupport ServiceDesk offers a wealth of real-time status reports as well as a custom report designer.
Encouraging the improved productivity of the help desk is only half the challenge. Educating your users to reduce the frequency of future support requests is equally important. With NetSupport ServiceDesk’s customer-friendly self-service portal, users are able to search for answers before logging a support request and can check and review on-line the status of their incident.
As an entirely browser-based solution, NetSupport ServiceDesk is easily integrated into your existing IT infrastructure, providing your customers and service desk operatives with a quick and convenient system for initiating, tracking and resolving reported incidents.
With an intuitive multi-lingual and fully customisable interface designed for both desktop and tablet platforms, automated workflow and email processing and a wealth of reporting options, NetSupport ServiceDesk rises to the challenges that face the modern service desk.
The key to effective Incident Management is being able to minimise the impact on day-to-day business operations, restoring normal service as quickly and efficiently as possible. NetSupport ServiceDesk’s automated workflow processes help you achieve this by delivering the following as standard:
- Customers can log incidents on-line and review current status in real time.
- Automated Incoming/Outgoing email processing.
- Automatic assignment of incidents to operators based on pre-defined customer rules for either Problem Type or User Type.
- Automatic escalation of incidents based on customer-specific rules.
- Structured notes history for an incident with source identifiers (telephone, email and more) for each additional entry within the item’s lifecycle.
- Use in conjunction with NetSupport DNA to retrieve a full Hardware and Software Inventory for each user’s system.
- Attach, store and associate files to an incident.
- Avoid duplicating effort by connecting multiple related incidents.
- Automatic priority assignment for new incidents.
- Accurate recording of time spent dealing with incidents.
- Prioritised Help Requests for users and incident types together with easy operator allocation.
- Help Request logging with customisable categories for easy input.
- Pre-populated incident templates.
- Pre-populated solutions database enables customers to search for an answer before they log an incident.
NetSupport ServiceDesk helps you introduce a set of defined methods and procedures for the efficient and prompt handling of change requests. Automated workflow processes ensure appropriate communication, reporting and approval mechanisms are in place at each stage of the lifecycle.
- Active Directory synchronisation.
- Allow end users to generate ServiceDesk logon accounts or restrict generation of end user accounts to Administrators and ServiceDesk operators.
- Import user departments and companies from other systems into NetSupport ServiceDesk.
- Assign ServiceDesk operators to specific companies and departments in the user hierarchy.
- Pre-define the members of a Change Advisory Board (CAB) for each category of change request.
The key to successful Problem Management is being able to reduce the volume of incidents being logged in the first place. NetSupport ServiceDesk enables you to proactively investigate and resolve the root cause of issues, leading to:
- Improved reliability of services.
- A reduction in the volume of reported incidents, thus lightening the load on your Service Desk.
- Delivery of permanent solutions rather than constant workarounds.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Increased knowledge within the service desk.
Problem Managers can utilise a range of tools, including report dashboards and advanced searching, to help them identify trends and link related incidents to a problem. Once a resolution is found, the relevant incidents are automatically closed.
Service Level Management
Service Level Management is one of the core components of the ITIL Service Delivery framework. If a healthy relationship between the customer and IT team is to be maintained it very much relies on the ability of the ServiceDesk to deliver efficient and cost-effective services within agreed timescales. With NetSupport ServiceDesk you can:
- Establish condition-based workflow rules for incidents, problems and change requests that are continually checked against stored SLAs.
- Give instant visibility to imminent service bottlenecks to ensure relevant items can be actioned before impacting on service performance.
- Gather historical and real-time data on service performance.
- Tracking and reporting service performance against SLAs on an ongoing basis.
NetSupport ServiceDesk integrates seamlessly with other NetSupport and third-party network management solutions to provide you with the range of complementary tools you need to provide a complete support offering:
- Direct integration with NetSupport DNA Asset Management Suite.
- Direct integration with NetSupport Manager Remote Control.
Information is key and one of the main principles of NetSupport ServiceDesk is to offer you the means to capture comprehensive statistics, ensuring you are fully informed in order to make effective decisions.
However, the data gathered must be made available in an intuitive and user-friendly format, otherwise the efficiency benefits gained from implementing NetSupport ServiceDesk will be cancelled out by the time spent filtering this information and manipulating it into a useable format.
NetSupport ServiceDesk offers great flexibility:
The reports dashboard enables you to manipulate data to suit your specific needs. On-screen results are provided in a tabular and/or bar and pie chart format. Multiple reports can be presented side by side for easy comparison. This option is backed by a set of common status reports provided as standard with the product. You can even create your own reports (containing HTML, text and supporting graphs) using the intuitive “drag & drop” custom report designer.
- Custom Data Designer allowing for customised data fields.
- Profiled Operator access and customised functionality.
- Streamlined creation of a solutions database to aid future help requests.
- Use the intuitive design tool available to administrators to add custom data items to records.
- Custom report designer.
- Personalised “Home” page based on each operator’s individual requirements.
- Personlised “Exit” pages.
- Multi-lingual user interface.
Escalations & Notifications
- Send email notifications using fully customisable email templates.
- Automatic escalation of incident based on customer-specific rules.