NetSupport School is the market-leading classroom software solution for schools. Working across all platforms, NetSupport School supports a teacher with a wealth of dedicated assessment, monitoring, collaboration and control features to ensure they can leverage the very best from their ICT equipment.Rising to the challenge and requirements of the modern classroom, NetSupport School provides the ability to Orchestrate and deliver lesson content, work collaboratively and monitor student PCs, ensuring that complete student attention and focus is maintained at all times. There are no hidden extras: all features are included as standard including dedicated Teacher, Classroom Assistant and Technician modules.
NetSupport Classroom software is designed to work flawlessly over both wired and wireless networks with desktops, laptops or tablets and for use in traditional PC, thin client or virtualised environments.
Classroom Monitoring, Management, Orchestration and Collaboration = NetSupport School
The need for both managing the use and leveraging the value of technology in today’s modern classrooms has never been greater.
With educational budgets under increasing pressure, NetSupport School enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from the IT infrastructure already in place.
NetSupport School helps teachers and trainers improve the efficiency of ICT teaching by delivering a suite of tailored features developed with teachers, for teachers. Teachers and assistants can instruct students centrally to all their own devices; they can help maintain student focus by monitoring and controlling the use of apps, web sites, printers and more. They can support student learning using unique digital journals; a unique student toolbar to highlight lesson objectives and expected outcomes; and deliver targeted student and peer assessment with a unique Question and Answer module, surveys or pre-prepared tests.
In addition, NetSupport School features a dedicated Technicians’ Console for overview and management of all devices across the school – and a monitoring app for Teaching Assistants to use in the classroom.
Schools often have mixed environments in the classroom – from PCs to Chromebooks to tablets – and also want the flexibility to be able to adopt a BYOD policy, where students can use their own tablets/laptops in the classroom. NetSupport School uniquely offers a dedicated solution for all leading platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, Kindle and iOS) to ensure every customer is future proofed.
NetSupport has formed many strategic alliances with industry leaders. By working together, our mutual customers will experience greater integration and interoperability of our products.
NetSupport School has hundreds of features within its components but we thought you would like to see the most important ones here. To view all of the features in more detail, please select from the menu above.
What are the key features of NetSupport School?
As a teacher, NetSupport School allows you to control student activity on each device in the classroom. From a simple power on or login at the start of the day, to locking their devices to gain attention, NetSupport School ensures only a single mouse click is required.
Monitor Internet, Application, Instant Messenger, Printer and USB/CD devices
Monitor what students do, control when they can do it and prevent access to resources whenever required. All of these can be set as a default so they happen even without teacher’s input at the start of the lesson.
Assessment of understanding and progress is key and, with that in mind, NetSupport School serves up a unique Q&A mode for real-time individual, group and peer assessment in a fun and engaging game show style, with basketball questioning, teams, first to answer and much more. Quick surveys can be done with the whole class as part of a plenary, with students automatically grouped based on responses. Finally, we include a full Testing console with auto-marking when more structured assessment is required. In addition, using the native Windows 10 Tutor app, teachers can capture key lesson content in a OneNote Class Notebook, if desired.
From group leaders, group chat sessions, interactive whiteboard, audio monitoring and more, NetSupport School is built with collaboration in mind. Digital Journals – We want to help save teachers’ time and ensure students leverage every possible benefit from the technology available to them. The Student Journal ensures a record of all relevant content from a lesson can be stored in a PDF file for the student to take away and review. From personal notes to recommended resources, screenshots, teacher notes, survey results and more, the journal is a great addition for each student and a lifeline for any absent students.
With a Tutor console, tablet apps for teaching assistants and software for every platform, NetSupport School is the most complete classroom software available. To ensure all classes remain up and running at all times, a dedicated Technicians’ Console is also included for the Network Manager and their team so they can see all PCs across the school, monitor systems and perform remote management when needed.
NetSupport School focuses on teaching, assessment and collaboration in the classroom, but we also recognise that one key strand of classroom management is exactly that, “managing” the students and their devices, to maximise time spent on teaching.
NetSupport School allows a teacher to:
- Power on or off and Log in/Log out all classroom computers from the teacher’s PC.
- Blank all Student screens to gain attention and also lock the students’ mice and keyboards.
- Automatically re-connect to students’ PCs if they are rebooted.
- Use layouts of students on their screen to match the layout of the physical classroom.
- Use individual teacher profiles to deliver the features needed by each teacher.
- Use a one-click “Request Assistance” option from their toolbar if technical support is needed.
CLASSROOM PRINTER AND DEVICE MANAGEMENT
- Prevent students from printing in the classroom.
- Limit printer use by number of pages.
- Require teacher authorisation prior to printing.
- Prevent individual printers from being used.
- Display a real-time print indicator identifying which student is currently printing.
- Show the number of paused print jobs requiring teacher attention.
- Prevent data being copied to or from USB storage and CDR/DVD devices.
- Prevent new network connections being created.
CLASSROOM STUDENT REGISTER
NetSupport School offers a powerful Student Registration feature:
- Request standard and custom information from each student at the start of class.
- Print the student register, including a total of any rewards or print jobs completed during the lesson.
- Use customised icons for students.
HAND OUT AND COLLECT FILES IN THE CLASSROOM
- Distribute files and folders from the tutor’s PC to multiple student devices.
- Transfer files to and from a selected or multiple PCs in a single action.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Real-time feedback tells the teacher which students’ files are ready for collection and which students need reminding.
STUDENT INFORMATION BAR
NetSupport School features a unique Student Information bar, neatly located at the top of each student screen, which provides a visual indicator as to the current lesson details, time remaining, rewards they have been given and much more. The toolbar can be set to be always visible, hidden or to auto-hide, and can be toggled on the fly by the teacher.
The toolbar ensures that all of the collaborative features within NetSupport School are accessible to students. In addition, they are notified when printer restrictions have been applied or internet or application controls are in place; they can quickly access details of their lesson objectives and expected outcomes, or simply request teacher assistance.
Instruct and Demonstrate
Being able to actively engage and keep the whole class on track within an IT classroom can be challenging at the best of times. NetSupport School makes it easier for teachers with real-time instruction, a virtual whiteboard and a bespoke teacher toolbar. Simplicity is the key and the creative possibilities are endless!
REAL-TIME INSTRUCTION (SHOW MODE)
- Show the Tutor’s desktop to all or selected students.
- Show just a selected application to students.
- Show a Replay file (previous screen recording video) to selected students.
- Show a video to selected students.
- Deliver presentations optimised for both wired and wireless classrooms.
- Leave a recording of your Show on the student’s PC for future review.
- Use Audio mode to speak to students during a show.
- Show a student screen to the rest of the class (Exhibit mode).
- Annotate the screen in either a Show or during Remote Control with a range of tools to aid in presenting (arrows, shapes, highlighters, text and more).
A simple Whiteboard is integrated directly within the Tutor software and is supported by a wealth of drawing tools for improved collaboration within the classroom. It can be shown in real time to all students in the class and, when needed, they can all interact with it.
A nominated Student can be assigned certain Tutor rights and act as a Group Leader until such privileges are revoked. Now includes a visual layout of leaders and their assigned group members.
CHAT AND AUDIO BROADCAST
Open a chat discussion that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class – now with emoticons! Transmit the teacher’s voice during a presentation. Audio support is included in all Show Screen and Remote Control sessions.
When the Tutor application is minimised, a convenient toolbar is provided for quick access to key features within NetSupport School. This toolbar is optimised for use with interactive Whiteboards.
Monitor and Control
Being able to monitor student activity is the cornerstone of good classroom management software. Not only does it ensure students stay on task, but it is also a key foundation for an effective e-safety implementation.
NetSupport School ensures a teacher can easily monitor student screens, the applications they are using, the websites they are visiting, what they are typing and who they are collaborating with.
VIEW STUDENT SCREENS IN REAL TIME (MONITOR MODE)
- Monitor the entire class in a single view with adjustable thumbnail sizes.
- Overlay additional information including: active application or active website.
- Zoom in on a selected student for an optimised high-definition thumbnail.
- Remotely control the student screen to instruct or remedy activity. NetSupport Remote Control is a feature-rich component in its own right.
APPLICATION AND INTERNET MONITORING
- Monitor all student application and internet use.
- View both foreground and background applications and websites.
- Remotely launch or close applications or web pages on all selected PCs in a single action.
- Record a full history of application and internet use for each student.
- Allow only approved applications or websites to be used or simply prevent restricted ones from being opened.
- Force SafeSearch on for supported search engines, preventing inappropriate content being returned within search results.
REAL-TIME AUDIO MONITORING
Ideally suited for the modern language lab. Simultaneously view all student screens in a classroom and see in an instant which computers have live audio activity. Select one of the displayed student thumbnails to listen to the audio being played on that PC. Listen to a student’s microphone feed and correct pronunciation, chat or simply engage with each student individually without disrupting the lesson.
INSTANT MESSENGER MONITORING
In addition to the ability to prevent Messenger applications running within the classroom, NetSupport School also provides real-time monitoring of specific Messenger applications, presenting the teacher with a real-time view of chat activity and content.
Keyboard monitoring is an important building block in detecting e-safety issues and can be used to identify inappropriate behaviour.
Designed to be used in conjunction with application control, this component provides teachers with a concurrent insight into student activity and topic understanding. During a lesson, while all students are working using any approved application, the teacher can monitor the entire class and see quickly and easily their typed content and activity levels.
NetSupport School also provides “target” keywords for tracking of student understanding, as well as a full history of keyboard use by student and application.
NB: Keyboard Monitoring does not record data entered into password fields.